Thursday, February 7, 2008

My inside friends

My inside friends housed in my heart keep me on my toes in this ole' world. Joy is a fickle friend...she comes bouncing into my life like an outgoing funny guest that is always welcome. She refreshes me with her sparkle and love for life. She stays awhile and fills up all the little spaces in my being. Her twin Happiness joins her and they just bubble over with goodness. Peace smiles wisely knowing that their visit will be fleeting....Peace knows that Joy and Happiness won't stay forever.

Then just as I am content with Joy and Happiness....Grief and Disappointment sneak inside and cut their visit short. They chase Joy and Happiness outside....and settle in. They are unwelcome guests...they weren't invited and they are obnoxious and greedy. They overstay their welcome. But Peace makes their stay bearable...again Peace smiles wisely knowing that regardless of those that drift in and out of my heart He lives there always. Peace is my loyal companion. Peace fills me with Hope.....and Hope will never disappoint me.

1 comment:

Slowbuck said...

Ahhh, Memories of people who have come in and out of our lives. Some that bring a smile just thinking about them. One such memory was the summer of '72. I had a first date with this cute "plowgirl". Even after nearly 36 years what a pleasant memory it is. We went bowling, then at the end of the evening she taught me the three types of kisses. I can't remember the first two, but I sure remember the "Alfalfa" kiss. Even after all this time alfalfa has a special pleasant meaning for me.

My first grandbaby! Miss Shelby Grace...

My first grandbaby! Miss Shelby Grace...
Gabby holding Shelby...what a little baby doll!

Second grandbaby! Miss Emma Grace!

Second grandbaby! Miss Emma Grace!
More than I can say "Grace" over... :)

Shelby

Shelby
Watering Daddy Bob's tree

Princess Shelby

Princess Shelby
Castles and ponies!

Princess Emma

Princess Emma
Tutus and feathered crowns...