Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birthdays and Babies




Today I am 55 and very much alive! Never have been one to worry about parties or making a big deal about birthdays. But I do sometimes see this day as much like New Years Day....a day to reflect and re-group...and make a few mental commitments to myself....always trying to be a better me. This weekend was nice...filled with family and babies. Katie came and I had some Emma time. She is such a beautiful baby. Her blue eyes just twinkle and she is just the happiest baby. I wish that she could stay this innocent and this untouched by the world forever. Her taunt flawless skin is shiny new and baby rolls are just adorable. She is cherub like....dimpled and drooling. My heart is lost to her.

Shelby our first born granddaughter now has developed her own little personality. She is sassy and confident. She is brave and funny. I can't get enough of her either! When she sees me she flings herself into my arms and shouts....."GAAABBBY!" She throws her arms around my neck...squeezes it tight...then gives me a big hard kiss! Never have I been greeted with such enthusiasm....and it melts my heart! I look forward to the days ahead when Emma, Shelby and I are playmates in the backyard....playing mud pies with tea party saucers and tea cups.

SO....as I reflect...life is good. My children are settled and having children. And...maybe...just maybe the wise men of life are right....these are the golden years. I am me... content with all the parts. I am at peace with the past and blessed in the present.... filled with hope for the future.
Thank you, Father.....and Happy Birthday to Me! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Such a sweet post. You are definitley blessed! Love you!

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. Becky!!! Hope it was a great weekend!

My first grandbaby! Miss Shelby Grace...

My first grandbaby! Miss Shelby Grace...
Gabby holding Shelby...what a little baby doll!

Second grandbaby! Miss Emma Grace!

Second grandbaby! Miss Emma Grace!
More than I can say "Grace" over... :)

Shelby

Shelby
Watering Daddy Bob's tree

Princess Shelby

Princess Shelby
Castles and ponies!

Princess Emma

Princess Emma
Tutus and feathered crowns...