Sunday, November 9, 2008

Emma Grace

Katie and Charles will be expecting Miss Emma Grace to arrive on December 31st! Just in time for a little tax write off....the doctor will induce on that day. We will be celebrating 2009 with the arrival of a new grand daughter. We have already seen her...due to modern technology....a 3D sonogram! She has her mother's nose and her daddy's mouth....and even though the view is a little distorted...it is already apparent that she is beautiful!

Penny hosted a baby shower for Katie this weekend at her house. Pink everywhere! She is going to be a lovely...and loved little girl. They make the most adorable outfits, shoes and accessories for babies these days. And....who knew you needed all those gadgets! I am surprised my own children survived...we were woefully lacking in "stuff"! :) I suspect that when it is all said and done that not much is need for swaddling except soft arms. And...momma provides the best and easiest bottle. Toys 'R Us has yet to create anything more fun that blowing on a babies tummy to get a belly laugh. Hide and seek around a chair can provide many minutes of joy and entertainment. There is nothing more fun that a good old fashioned box. Shelby loves to "paint" the back porch with her bucket of water and a brush.

I have decided that I am going to be the quiet grandmother...the one that invites her grandchildren into her home to escape the world. I want them to know that they can come to my house to smell home smells, take long uninterrupted naps, to sit out on the back porch and read or to play....and get dirty. My mom created a home like that....and we all long to go there....and when we arrive we find we just breathe and slow down. Doing nothing has become so rare. What we have forgotten is that when we are doing nothing....it allows our minds to do plenty. We imagine...we create....we think...God does his best work in us when we stop and allow Him time to come on in and stay awhile.

I can't wait for Emma and Shelby to share time at Gabby and Pop Pop's house! What fun we will have....giggling, star gazing, and playing! Miss Shelby is my brown eyed beauty and Miss Emma will be a blue eyed beauty....and I am betting Amy and Greg have a red-headed boy! The future is full of promise and fun!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love you!! It is going to be so great when Emma gets here! She is so blessed to have you, PopPop, Aunt Amy, Uncle Andy, Aunt Bobbie, and cousin Shelby! It is going to be a fun ride!

My first grandbaby! Miss Shelby Grace...

My first grandbaby! Miss Shelby Grace...
Gabby holding Shelby...what a little baby doll!

Second grandbaby! Miss Emma Grace!

Second grandbaby! Miss Emma Grace!
More than I can say "Grace" over... :)

Shelby

Shelby
Watering Daddy Bob's tree

Princess Shelby

Princess Shelby
Castles and ponies!

Princess Emma

Princess Emma
Tutus and feathered crowns...